Allureous Med Spa & Clinic offers microneedling, a procedure using the SkinPen® Precision System, a microneedling device FDA-cleared for use in the United States.
The SkinPen® microneedling treatment stimulates the body’s natural healing process and releases cytokines and growth factors, which leads to remodeling of collagen and elastin. It is clinically proven to improve acne scars and stretch marks, reduce skin lines and wrinkles, tighten skin, and shrink pores.
The microneedling procedure usually takes only 30 minutes, and is associated with little downtime.
- Avoid excessive sun exposure 24 hours prior to procedure.
- Stop use of topical retinoids, salicylic or glycolic acids 24 hours prior to procedure.
- Avoid the procedure if you have active breakouts or open skin lesions.
- Wait 6 months following oral isotretinoin use.
- Wait at least 24 hours after autoimmune therapies.
- Avoid sweaty exercises and sun exposure for 72 hours post procedure.
- Use the SkinFuse Lift HG gel (provided by Allureous Staff) as directed on the day of the procedure to prevent the skin from drying. Re-apply it on treated areas for up to 24 hours post procedure to keep your skin moist.
- Use sunblock every 2-3 hours as directed.
- Avoid beauty treatments with glycolic acids, lactic acids or salicylic acid for 4 weeks post procedure.
- Do not use any exfoliating brushes or scrubs for 2 weeks.
- Schedule next appointment in 4 weeks.
Patients usually see a substantial improvement after one treatment, but we often recommend a series of 2 – 3 procedures, 4 weeks apart for best improvement. Results vary, so for patients with deeper acne scars, stretch marks or wrinkles, may require a series of up to 6 – 8 treatments.